[MPlayer-users] AVCHD Lite support.

Dark Shadow shadowofdarkness at gmail.com
Sat Sep 18 01:23:16 CEST 2010

On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 2:21 AM, Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:
> Dark Shadow <shadowofdarkness <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Would it be possible to get AVCHD Lite working properly in mplayer. i
>> just bought a digital camera that records it and mplayer plays the
>> clips at double speed.
>
> Could you upload a sample (with audio, and please state how long it is supposed
> to play)?
>
> Carl Eugen

I finally stopped blanking and remembered to try "-demuxer lavf" and
that works fine the video plays at the right speed. I will upload a 14
second, 25MB sample, (great quality from a camera primarily made for
still photos,) if someone would like to make it just work out of the
box for other people but I can't remember where to find the ftp server
to upload to.

I would like it to work out of the box for converting other people to
Linux who will never open the command line and I don't want a .config
setting since I find that the lavf demuxer make seeking in my
commercial Blu-ray movies blocky and even just random points in the
movie.

I do understand if no one gets around to it though since it is possible to work.