[MPlayer-users] playing a rtsp stream succeeds, -dumpstream results in an empty file

Ilja Sekler ilja_sekler_ at gmx.de
Fri Sep 10 15:30:23 CEST 2010

On 09.09.2010 20:40, compn wrote:

> Ilja Sekler <ilja_sekler_ <at> gmx.de> writes:
>
>> Sorry, no luck with the dump from 'mplayer -dumpaudio': "Invalid
>> data found when processing input".
>
> i was able to mplayer -dumpaudio and play it back. have to treat it
> as rawaudio and specify the codec.
>
> mplayer stream.dump -demuxer rawaudio -rawaudio format=0xff -ac faad
>
> also ffaac seems to not work, so use faad instead :)

Great, playback works this way, thanks :-) But the sound quality is
terrible - no comparison to playing the rtsp stream in MPlayer directly
or "encoding" the sound to pcm and playing the wav file. I have no idea
why...

And if I try

mencoder recorded_video_with_pcm_sound.avi -audiofile audiodump.aac
-audio-demuxer rawaudio -rawaudio format=0xff -ac faad -oac copy -ovc
copy -o video_with_original_aac_sound.avi

sound goes appr. 0,5 seconds ahead of video per minute (and the video is
not seekable).

--
Regards

Ilja