[MPlayer-users] playing a rtsp stream succeeds, -dumpstream results in an empty file

Ilja Sekler ilja_sekler_ at gmx.de
Wed Sep 8 21:22:14 CEST 2010

On 08.09.2010 20:38, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:

> Ilja Sekler <ilja_sekler_ <at> gmx.de> writes:
>
>> ffmpeg -v 3 -i rtsp://ondemand.quicktime.zdf.newmedia.nacamar.net/ ...
>> /091019_ueberschallflieger_hitec_h.mp4
>> -vcodec copy -acodec copy -y ffmpeg-test.mp4
>
> This command works fine for me.
> Could you try without --enable-libfaac? [...]

Done: as expected this hasn't made any difference, like

> You could also try -ar 48000 before -i.

explicitly setting audio sample rate. I know nothing about your network
configuration, but I have to provide -rtsp-stream-over-tcp option for
MPlayer/MEncoder to be able to play the stream. If you don't need this
option, it could be the explanation for the FFmpeg failure on my system,
if FFmpeg doesn't use rtsp over tcp by default (does it support rtsp
over tcp at all?).

--
Regards

Ilja