[MPlayer-users] saving dvd method?

Brent Clark brentgclarklist at gmail.com
Mon Sep 6 16:57:40 CEST 2010

Hiya

I dont want to waste anyone's time with my problem, so I will get straight to the question.

The question I would like to ask is. Is there any reason why I should prefer or use the scripts h264enc or undvd over handbrake?

Ill be upfront by saying I have no knowledge of the intricacies of video encoding and editing. But I know I would like a easy method to save a high quality copy of my DVD's.

I tried and tested h264enc and undvd, both seems ok but I dont know what is the best or what offers what.

The other question I would like to ask is, is this method, displayed below, ok?

cd /dir
vobcopy -m
h264enc -2p -p ehq

If anyone can help it would be appreciated.

Kind Regards
Brent Clark