[MPlayer-users] Changing the soundtrack of an flv

Oliver Seitz info at vtnd.de
Sun Sep 5 09:10:24 CEST 2010

On 05.09.2010 08:02, Fabrice DELENTE wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I'm trying this using MPlayer SVN-r31984-4.3.3.
>
> I have an FLV movie in which I'd like to change the soundtrack.
>
> 1/ I have tried to dump the FLV video stream with
>
> mplayer -dumpstream file.flv
>
> but the stream.dump file still contains the original soundtrack...

That's perfectly correct, dumpstream is supposed to dump the whole
stream, that is video _and_ audio.

I would use mencoder to change the audio stream, maybe like

mencoder file.flv -audiofile audio.wav -ovc copy -oac copy -o result.avi

It's not sure however that an .avi-file with flv-encoded video plays on
any player, but I think mplayer might do it.

Greets,
Kiste