[MPlayer-users] SVN-r32479: pcm:file=fifo does not work

Oliver Seitz info at vtnd.de
Sun Oct 31 16:56:48 CET 2010

> Does the "WAV size headers not updated!" have anything to do with this?

That's just what I wrote: The chunk size can not be written. If nero
accepts this very file, then nero doesn't care about the missing/wrong
chunk size.

> Is it possible that mplayer is feeding the stream too slowly (too
> something) to neroAacEnc?

It shouldn't. The file could be read from a very slow network connection
and still the program should accept it.

So try Reimars suggestion to put a cat between the two programs:

mkfifo read_pipe
mkfifo write_pipe

cat write_pipe > read_pipe &

mplayer -ao pcm:file=write_pipe &