[MPlayer-users] Unplayable H264 video (Crosspost - ffmpeg-user)

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Fri Oct 29 20:30:41 CEST 2010

Reimar Döffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger <at> gmx.de> writes:

> > I have a video uploaded here:
> > http://belezaindiana.net/external/E-20100925-233415.mp4
>
> Do you have some details? Resolution? Bit depth? Quality?
> What it looks like decoded?

It is 704x288 H264 in a container that neither ffmpeg nor MPlayer know about -
the first eight bytes are "00 00 01 c6 4d 50 47 34" (....MPG4). It transcodes
"fine" (but with an unbelievable amount of messages) with -f h264. The result
shows a (white) time-counter on black background.
See http://roundup.ffmpeg.org/issue2333

> Some parts look suspiciously like 12bpp uncompressed...

Could that be ADPCM or ACELP audio? I ask because the installer also contains a
"G726/G729" audio filter.

Carl Eugen