[MPlayer-users] Unplayable H264 video (Crosspost - ffmpeg-user)

Navjot Kukreja navjotk at gmail.com
Fri Oct 29 15:39:11 CEST 2010

On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 6:51 PM, Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:

> Navjot Kukreja <navjotk <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
> > I have a video file being generated by a Hardware DVR, which has the
> > extension mp4.
>
> Could you add some information about which hardware it is?
>
> The problem is that the hardware is completely unmarked. There is no
manufacturer information on the hardware/manual/software. The choice of
hardware is not mine.

> Does the file contain only video, or also audio?

It contains only video.
The DVR is able to export the files as H264 raw which I'm able to read and
convert to flv using ffmpeg. The videos are however stored in this
format(mp4) on its Hard Disk. So during the raw export, its actually
transcoding this mp4 file to H264 raw which is very slow on the DVR's
hardware (2 hours to export 4 hours of video). Hence I want to read the
DVR's hard disk directly.

> Thank you, Carl Eugen

Navjot Kukreja
Ph-+91-9703362288