[MPlayer-users] option to avoid "Audio: no sound"?

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Fri Oct 22 08:19:46 CEST 2010

On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 08:02:27AM +0200, Oliver Seitz wrote:
> So in video decoding, there are means to make mplayer accept bugs.
> What's the problem if it does this also in a controlled way for bugs
> in OS setup?

That is precisely what MPlayer does when it just continues playing
at least _something_. The request here is for MPlayer to just fail,
which generally is not how MPlayer behaves, and I'd be very strongly
opposed to make this the default behaviour.
As a workaround it should be possible to write a wrapper script that
searches for the error message and in this case kills MPlayer...