[MPlayer-users] Mouse cursor hiding

Alexander Roalter alex at roalter.it
Fri Oct 8 00:48:14 CEST 2010

I just upgraded my entire system, which is running now opensuse 11.3,
and also an updated nvidia driver (256.44). When I play a video, the
mouse cursor doesn't hide anymore, but blinks in roughly 1-second
intervals.

Going back to the older nvidia driver version didn't help, so I guess
it's either the newer X-server (1.8 now, previously it was 1.6) or
something in mplayer that makes the cursor not disappear.

VO is xv.

It's as if mplayer tries to hide the cursor, but X immediately makes it
appear again. In the xterm the cursor is hidden once I press a key, as
expected. in gnome-terminal this isn't the case (anymore).

Any Ideas?

--
Cheers,
Alex