[MPlayer-users] v210 -> video filters -> v210

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Tue Oct 5 00:08:26 CEST 2010

András Bohó <andras.boho <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Basically I'm using mencoder but I can't get v210 format at the output. This
> problem can be circumvented by using ffmpeg but ffmpeg doesn't have any
> video filters unlike mencoder (libmpcodecs: e.g boxblur etc, or maybe it is
> only my build(?) ) so I suppose I would have to stick by mencoder because of
> the filters.

Note that it is unlikely that the filter you need supports more than 8 bits
colour depth (and possibly nothing else than yv12 - boxblur supports 444P), so
you will have to either work on the filter yourself or hire somebody.
In both cases. the work should be done in FFmpeg, where you get reviews and
continued support (for free).

Carl Eugen