[MPlayer-users] draw_eosd trouble in building with vaapi

sean darcy seandarcy2 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 3 14:13:16 CEST 2010

2010/10/2 Nicolas George <nicolas.george at normalesup.org>:
> Le primidi 11 vendémiaire, an CCXIX, sean darcy a écrit :
>> libvo/vo_vaapi.c:2350: error: expected ')' before '*' token
>> libvo/vo_vaapi.c: In function 'control':
>> libvo/vo_vaapi.c:2654: warning: implicit declaration of function 'draw_eosd'
>> make: *** [libvo/vo_vaapi.o] Error 1
>>
>> I assume this is because draw_eosd has been modified recently.
>
> Not exactly, since draw_eosd is a function internal to this patch. What
> happened is that a type used by the EOSD system changed name two months ago.
> Look for commit 31869 and adapt the names similarly.
>
> Note that these types may change name again in a near future.
>
> Regards,
>
> --
>  Nicolas George

Thanks. Just the clue I needed. For those who want to install vaapi,
here are the changes to vo_vaapi.c after the patch.is applied:

-   2350 static void draw_eosd(mp_eosd_images_t *imgs)
+  2350 static void draw_eosd(EOSD_ImageList *imgs)
    2351 {
-   2352     ass_image_t *img = imgs->imgs;
+  2352     ASS_Image_t *img = imgs->imgs;
-   2353     ass_image_t *i;
+  2353     ASS_Image_t *i;

Of course now that it builds, it still may not work :-)

sean