[MPlayer-users] Can mplayer remix bass from all channels to the LFE channel?

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Sat Nov 27 09:01:41 CET 2010

On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 10:22:36PM +0000, Dom H wrote:
> FL = 1:0:0:0:0:1
> FR = 0:1:0:0:0:1
>

> I'm guessing though that this would end up with massive output on the
> LFE and not actually mix together with the LFE track properly, if that
> makes sense. Any thoughts on this?

You certainly won't want any number larger than 1/6th there.
Actually I'd suspect it might make more sense to pass the original LFE
through with e.g. 0.5 and then 0.1 for the other channels.
This should (mostly) avoid clipping, and you can just turn up the volume
on the speaker if it is not loud enough.