[MPlayer-users] Jerky 1080p h264 playback

Uoti Urpala uoti.urpala at pp1.inet.fi
Sun May 16 20:10:43 CEST 2010

On Sun, 2010-05-16 at 19:06 +0200, Marcin 'Rambo' Roguski wrote:
> Mplayer's configure process instructs very well what you need to build
> it properly. What are there "different tools" except for working compiler
> and basic X11 headers/libs?

I feel unsure whether you're really saying this seriously. Can someone
really be that clueless? (Well I'm sure some people can, but whether
that's more likely than someone being stupid on purpose...)

MPlayer needs quite a few headers that are not "basic". The configure
output gives little information about which of the things checked for
are really required or useful at all (some do more harm than good); even
if you manage to get a binary it can be hard to know whether it's really
a reasonable configuration or if the resulting player is missing some
important functionality. If you're missing some dependency there's no
information how to get it. Even if the dependencies are packaged for
your distro it's nontrivial to find some of the right packages to
install based on just configure output.