[MPlayer-users] maximum resolution: how to extend ?

Oliver Seitz info at vtnd.de
Thu May 6 18:28:19 CEST 2010

> On Thu, May 06, 2010 at 04:34:51PM +0200, Oliver Seitz wrote:
>> Maybe, when I grow up I'll try to write a Bayer-input for mplayer, that
>> would save lots of conversions for me. :-D
>
> You'd "only" need Bayer support in libswscale, for which there seems
> to be at least some interest even though nobody seems to be working
> on it so far...

One of the problems would be the number of possibilities... Conversion
algorithms from Bayer to RGB range from simply copying some color values
to calculating lots of gradual vectors and depending on the results trying
to decide how many and which of them to use. For the moment I've given up
on it... When speed is asked for, I use copying. For stills I let someone
else do it ;-)

Greets,
Kiste