[MPlayer-users] VDPAU stuttering when playing x264 encoded media

Uoti Urpala uoti.urpala at pp1.inet.fi
Wed May 5 19:52:47 CEST 2010

On Wed, 2010-05-05 at 17:58 +0100, Tom Evans wrote:
> Switching to Üoti's mplayer git repository fixes the stuttering, but

Where did you get that 'Ü' from? My name has ASCII characters only...

> exposes other problems, like the screen not being cleared when the
> media finishes playing (the last frame is left on screen).

What do you mean by "frame is left on screen"? The video plays in a
window and the window is closed when the player exits. What is left
after that?

> I'm sure I have seen reports of this on the mplayer svn branch, and
> they had been fixed, so I would prefer to continue to use the official
> branch of mplayer if possible.

I don't remember any svn change that would match your description.
There are several unfixed VDPAU-related issues in svn btw; it's unlikely
that it would get improved to the level of the git vo.