[MPlayer-users] Record Internet streaming: Feature proposal

Oliver Seitz info at vtnd.de
Thu Mar 25 08:30:14 CET 2010

>  I think, all tries with -endpos and live streams are
> futile.

If there's not only audio but also video, the -frames option works. It
seems however as if the -frames option would not work with audio-only.
There's room for improvement here, I think. Giving a number for -fps, the
played audio data could be translated into a "virtual" number of played
frames, to enable the -frame limit option. Or, staying with the term
"frame" as it is used for Audio-CD, there could be a default of 75 fps.

I myself would prefer to tell mplayer how long to record, ending tidily
when done from just letting it go, killing it after the time is over.

Greets,
Kiste