[MPlayer-users] Crash with a specific .mp4 file

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Wed Mar 24 10:14:39 CET 2010

Damien Wyart <damien.wyart <at> free.fr> writes:

> I have uploaded the corresponding (small) file (Super_Timor.mp4) to

I cannot reproduce the crash on x86-64 gcc 4.4.3.
(After disabling vdpau,) valgrind only reports two "move or jump depends on
uninitialized valued" in alsa and x11, nothing libavcodec-related.

> ftp://upload.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/incoming/ and a Super_Timor.txt file
> with a gdb backtrace. I tried to start bisecting but could not compile
> because only mplayer was updated back in time, not the libraries and
> I was not sure how to proceed.

svn up --ignore-externals -r {2010-02-28}
svn up -r {2010-02-28} libavutil libavformat libavcodec
(Other directories might be necessary, but that is unlikely.)

Don't forget make distclean after each update: libavcodec/h264.h was changed
frequently lately, but mplayer compilation ignores these changes!

Carl Eugen