[MPlayer-users] Linux Video Wall

Manuel Barros Reyes manuca at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 15:31:24 CET 2010

On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 7:56 PM, Reimar Döffinger
<Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de> wrote:

> Something like
> -fs -screenw 2000 -screenh 768 -fstype none -xineramascreen -2
> might work (of course change the values to match your real dimensions
> of all displays combined).

Cool Reimar that worked!

I have two issues with this approach still. One is that I had to
disable Xvideo accel. due to incompatibility with the video dimensions
and I believe this causes the video to distort when an animation
scrolls fast horizontally from one display to the other. It gets like
a little horizontal cut no the middle. I am using vo = x11 which I
believe is quite inefficient, I am just guessing cause I couldn't try
it with other output driver except opengl which is similar though.

The other problem is the video gets displayed behind the gnome
menu/window bars on the top/bottom of the screen (but still above the
desktop background). I work arround this using and alternative desktop
without bars.

I'll be trying the master/slave mplayer setups but this one is on the
simpler side of things

Thanks,