[MPlayer-users] Linux Video Wall

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Mon Mar 8 21:46:19 CET 2010

On Mon, Mar 08, 2010 at 05:33:39PM -0300, Manuel Barros Reyes wrote:
> > From: Reimar D?ffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de>
> >
> > On Sun, Mar 07, 2010 at 06:43:28PM -0300, Manuel Barros Reyes wrote:
> >> I understand that the '-xineramascreen -2' option is currently broken.
> >
> > Then start with a proper bug report!
> > Particularly since for what I remember all "bugs" related to xinerama
> > so far have turned out as user error.
> >

> I'll be happy to submit a formal bug report anyway I thought from
> reading old posts this was something that was already identified maybe
> erroneously though.
>
> Maybe as you say it is a user error, in my case I looked at
> -xineramascreen [screen_number] and it worked with positive numbers
> opening the video in the corresponding screen. When I try with '-2' it
> opens the video on the first display and from what I read in the docs
> it should open in all displays, is this correct? Am I missing an
> option here?

First, -xineramascreen only applies to fullscreen (I guess that was clear).
Secondly take note of this part of the -xineramascreen description
in the man page:
> Will usually only work with "-fstype -fullscreen" or "-fstype none".
Which is what I meant when I said that all cases I remember have been
"user error" (though the first cases are excused since it wasn't documented
back then).