[MPlayer-users] mplayer and dual-head (clone) sync question.

Koko kokoko3k at fastwebnet.it
Tue Mar 2 10:42:44 CET 2010

Hi all.
I've an intel graphic notebook with dual head setup in clone mode. (LVDS+VGA
on an lcd tv).
I boot using the notebook, next i plug the VGA cable and issue xrandr --auto
which gives me the cloned output via vga.
I use xv video output using overlay adaptor and as expected, one of the two
screens just display a blue box, luckily the blue box appears on the
notebook so i can watch movies on Tv.

What i noticed is that when i watch a video on the notebook panel (VGA off)
i've no problem, but if the cloned output is active, video on the TV is not
always smooth, every bunch of seconds i can clearly see duplicate frames,
the video stops for a (very) little while.

Is it correct to address the issue to the fact that the refresh rates of the
lvds panel and the tv screen slightly differ and somehow mplayer is
syncronizing the frames to the lvds panel instead of the VGA output refresh
rate?
Just in case i am right, what is the right way to tell mplayer to sync to
the right screen (apart of disabling the cloned output of course)?

Thank you