[MPlayer-users] equalizer not working

Kazuo Teramoto kaz.rag at gmail.com
Mon Jun 28 13:37:46 CEST 2010

On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 4:04 AM, zonyi besk <zolbeso at gmail.com> wrote:
> The equalizer feature not working, replaying  with equalizer the result is a
> loud white noise sound:
> Tested with  ubuntu 9, Amd-64 bit, command line, without soundcard, original
> ubuntu deb package version, and 1.0 rc3 tar version as well.

This mailing list and the upstream mplayer devs only support the
latest svn version. Support for older versions (rc3 is 1 year old) and
distro patched version are not given here.

You can easy find instruction for building it.

> Using code like that and similars:
> mplayer -af equalizer=11:11:10:5:0:-12:0:5:12:12 foo.mp3 -ao
> pcm:nowaveheader:file=pcmpipe21
> cat pcmpipe21 | lame -x - out.mp3

Works for me with the with the svn version, I get some clipping, but I
think this is expected as you are adding 12dB gain. You can pre-append
a volume filter with negative gain, to help.

But this not with the lame -x, and not direct with lame, because it
dont support floatle (Unsupported data format: 0x0003). The output of
pcm with equalizer is a floatle wav file, so you need first convert it
to something supported by lame.

Regards,
Kazuo.

--
«Dans la vie, rien n'est à craindre, tout est à comprendre»
Marie Sklodowska Curie.