[MPlayer-users] 2-pass mpeg-2

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Thu Jun 24 19:14:03 CEST 2010

On 22.06.10 21:18, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> Yes, if you _have_ to use bitrate-based encoding.
> Otherwise the easier solution to get consistent
> quality is to use vqscale instead of specifying
> a bitrate.

according to the docs, with constant quantizer I can waste disk space
and that 2-pass encode can get me better quality that given vqscale.

I would prefer static quality in way similar than vorbis encoder tried to
have but it seems constant quantizer does not do this (and constant bitrate
too)

I intend to live forever - so far so good.