[MPlayer-users] Cannot display certain rmvb video using xv and sdl

Ming-Ching Tiew mctiew at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 22 05:20:59 CEST 2010

I am using mplayer 2:1.0~rc3+svn201006 ( installed using debian package on the unstable repository ), but I am not sure if the problem I noticed happens to current version and/or older versions, as this is something I noticed recently only :-

Certain rmvb files, are not displayed correctly using -vo xv and -vo sdl. It shows up with slanted image. However when I use -vo gl ( and a few certain other options ) they are displayed correctly.

And it only happens to certain rmvb files. Not all rmvb files are displayed wrongly. There are times that -vo xv are diplaying the rmvb video correctly too.

Where could the problem be ?

Regards.