[MPlayer-users] mp3 playing with mplayer without soundcard

Oliver Seitz info at vtnd.de
Tue Jun 15 10:46:14 CEST 2010

> Great! Thanks!
>
> There's one problem still I cannot pipe to sox form mixing the results I
> tried many option
> Making this code more simple but with the 2 channels: /but this way i
> cannot
> change the speed but on the example can be changed/
> Here you are the codes should be mixed with sox:
>
> mplayer -slave -input file=fifo1 foo1.mp3 -ao
> pcm:nowaveheader:file=pcmpipe11
> mplayer -slave -input file=fifo2 foo2.mp3 -ao
> pcm:nowaveheader:file=pcmpipe21
>
> pv pcmpipe11 -L 16400 > pcmpipe12
> pv pcmpipe21 -L 16400 > pcmpipe22
>
> sox  -t raw pcmpipe12 -t raw pcmpipe22  - |  lame -  streeeam.mp3

When it is about sox, why don't you ask someone on a sox mailing list to
read the manpage for you?

/quote/

If more than one input file is specified then they are concatenated into
the output file. In this case, it has a restriction that all input files
must be of the same data type and sample rates.

soxmix is functionally the same as the command line program sox expect
that it takes two or more files as input and mixes the audio together to
produce a single file as output. It has a restriction that all input files
must be of the same data type and sample rates.

\quote\