[MPlayer-users] mplayer has sync issues that xine does not have

Mike Castle dalgoda+mplayer at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 05:13:02 CEST 2010

On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 10:39 AM, Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:
> Mike Castle <dalgoda+mplayer <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
>> When playing a certain DVD full of extras, mplayer is having sync
>> issues right from the beginning.
>
> -mc 1

Strange.

For mplayer, -mc 1 helps a little, but still not nearly as good as
xine or totem from the start.

Also, it causes the ``Your system is too SLOW to play this!'' message
to display.  Kind of annoying.

Now, if I use -mc 1 with mencoder and convert to an avi then play that
AVI, it's perfect.

So, on one thread, I'm discovering I need to use -mc 0 to fix one sync
issue.  And here I'm learning that -mc 1 fixes a different one.
Bummer.  Guess there are some broken DVD authoring tools out there?

mrc