[MPlayer-users] DVD playback error (latest SVN) (FIXED)

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Sun Jun 6 16:23:29 CEST 2010

On Sun, Jun 06, 2010 at 08:57:58AM -0500, Stephen Stocker wrote:
> On Tue, 1 Jun 2010, Stephen Stocker wrote:
> >On Tue, 1 Jun 2010, Stephen Stocker wrote:
> >> Um, apologies for the mess of a post above... I'm going to see
> >>which of the revisions broke things here.
> >
> > OK, r31155 and 31156 are both fine, so it has to be 31157. Thanks
> >again, and apologies for the noise on the list.
>
>   Just a note to let you know this error is now fixed, in r31336.
> Working like a charm again. Thanks. :)

Right forgot to say, and good to know.
But looking at it again, I suspect that you never set a region code
for the DVD drive?
These days, DVD drives are not supposed to let you play videos unless
you have set a region code (this is mostly what all this is about).
For some reason yours (incorrectly?) does, but otherwise setting a
region (e.g. with the regionset tool) should help (it should not
matter which you set for MPlayer at least - luckily since regionset
doesn't tell you which region corresponds to which geographical area).