[MPlayer-users] dtsPlayback

Daniel Dawson ddawson at icehouse.net
Sat Jun 5 01:57:06 CEST 2010

On Fri, Jun 04, 2010 at 04:21:33PM -0700, Mack Johnson wrote:
> It still not working for me. I have a Sony STR-DG720 hooked up to my
> i5 imac. I'm not getting any sound, the display on my receiver says it
> is playing in dts mode. Do I need to configure my .mplayer?

It's most likely nothing to do with MPlayer config; you need to check
your audio setup. You need a S/PDIF connection from your computer to
your receiver, and there is probably system configuration you need to do
to get S/PDIF output (e.g. some checkbox that turns it on). Can't help
you there, as I've never done digital sound. Plus, I don't use
Macs. Maybe someone else can advise you.

--
Web: purl.org/net/ddawson/web/   Bkmrks: purl.org/net/ddawson/bookmarks/
Jabber: danieldawson at jabber.org          Google: danielcdawson at gmail.com