[MPlayer-users] Playing a DVD and mp3 Simultaneously with sync

Oliver Seitz info at vtnd.de
Fri Jun 4 20:59:27 CEST 2010

> Oh, I totally misunderstood what he meant by audiofile. I tried it out,
> but it simply replaces the DVD audio with the external mp3. Is there a way
> to hear both?
>
> Kiste, I don't fully understand what your mail is suggesting...

I think, mplayer is a great tool to play audio and/or video, or rip them
apart or combine them. I think however for mixing two sound streams, there
might be software that fits better.

So I would use mplayer about like  ...

mplayer dvd:// -vo null -ao pcm:dvd-audio.wav

Then I would find a great cli audio tool to mix dvd-audio.wav with the
comment.mp3 to produce audio-comment.wav

mplayer is then again the right choice to play

mplayer dvd:// -audiofile audio-comment.wav

That would be my first approach.

Greets,
Kiste