[MPlayer-users] Mplayer tweaks for low end hardware

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Fri Jun 4 18:40:36 CEST 2010

On Fri, Jun 04, 2010 at 02:51:40PM +0530, Vijay Anand wrote:
> So I would like to move on to SDL with DGA instead and direct the
> mplayer output to this window.

Switching to something even slower can hardly fix speed issues.
If neither -vo xv nor -vo gl are usuable it's not really suitable
for video.
Doubly so due to vsync issues.

> I need to create a SDL surface within a GTK window which is a top
> level window at a fixed position on the screen. Then map the SDL
> surface window Id to mplayer for displaying video on to it.
>
> I tried the window Id hack (gtk-demo) & Example on how to output
> Mplayer video on SDL windows (gtksdl) but SDL opens its own window
> after the SDL_SetVideoMode call and then the display goes back into
> the GTK window.

No idea what exactly you are talking about, but there is no -wid for
SDL and I don't think it can be added.
Though I also don't see why you're using SDL when you said you wanted to
use DGA, I have no idea if -vo dga actually works with -wid, but at least
it could in principle AFAICT.