[MPlayer-users] DTS audio is shifted to the right

Krzysztof Duchnowski amidk75 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 31 19:22:01 CEST 2010

On 31.07.2010 10:29, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
> On 07/31/2010 10:51 AM, Krzysztof Duchnowski wrote:
>> -af-add pan=2:.5:.5:.5:0:0:.5:.5:0:0:.5:.5:.5
>
> When using that with the file I posted, sound comes from the left, not
> center.  And it's much worse then the example I posted, since it comes
> *extremely* from the left, not just slightly.  Almost as if only one
> speaker is working.

Normally I don't use this config.
It is for strange DTS that is mixed with AAC channel mappings (if I
remember correctly).
Without that I have only effect track playing with that type of files.

Maybe you file is even stranger...
You must find some nice place in the movie where you could distinct each
channel cleary and test them for which is which, like
-af-add pan=2:1:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0
if it is loud sound from left in movie then track 1 is FL track in this
DTS but if you hear loud sound that suppossed be from right then it is
FR track at possition 1.
And so on.
Or just test every known standard mappings with it:
5.1 WAV FL , FR , FC , LFE, SL , SR
5.1 AC3 FL , FC , FR , SL , SR , LFE
5.1 DTS FC , FL , FR , SL , SR , LFE
5.1 AAC FC , FL , FR , SL , SR , LFE
5.1 AIFF FL , SL , FC , FR , SR , LFE

Center track (FC) is allways louder than any other track (every speach
must be audible), then both front stereo tracks (directional speach,
directional effects and bass), then both effect tracks (rear background)
and LFE is allmost quiet except for feew moments when it needs to make
earth quake (it is channel for massage not for loud bass sound).

PAN option goes like
number_of_output_channels:track1_to_channel1:track2_to_channel1:track3_to_channel1:track4_to_channel1:track5_to_channel1:track6_to_channel1:track1_to_channelN:track2_to_channelN:track3_to_channelN:track4_to_channelN:track5_to_channelN:track6_to_channelN

So PAN configurations deply depends how DTS mapped it's channels in tracks.
It should be FC,FR,FL,SL,SR,LFE but since beginnings of DTS there is
more mappings than the oryginal one or more precise some pricks use
mappings from WAV, AAC, AC3 or AIFF.

--
Krzysztof 'DK75' Duchnowski
GetFirefox - http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/