[MPlayer-users] DTS audio is shifted to the right

Nikos Chantziaras realnc at arcor.de
Sat Jul 31 01:02:34 CEST 2010

When playing videos that have DTS audio (h264 + DTS inside an mkv), all
audio appears to always come louder from the right speaker (I'm using a
stereo 2.1 audio system, not a surround 5.1/7.1).

Playing the same videos in other players (VLC in Linux/Windows or
MPC/ffdshow in Windows) results in the audio being centered correctly,
so I don't think it's the video files themselves that are problematic,
but looks like it's mplayer's DTS-to-stereo conversion that gets it wrong.

I'm on Linux, MPlayer SVN-r31749-4.4.4.