[MPlayer-users] Random behavior while seeking in flv over http

Gautier Berthou gautier.berthou at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 11:50:19 CEST 2010

Hi,

I'm reading a flv file over http with mplayer and I don't understand
mplayer behavior when I try to seek : some time it sends a get
request, some time it doesn't (it always sends one when I seek
backward).
And when it sends a get request the bytes range is not always the good
(it's the good when I seek backward) : I ask to seek to 85% of the
movie the byte-range asked look more like the current reading position
and then mplayer wait until the downloading reach 85% of the movie to
restart to read.

Are both of this behavior normal ?

Regards,
Gautier