[MPlayer-users] why --enable-static is not working. what does it do?

Reyada Wolak reyada.wolak at gmail.com
Mon Jul 26 11:59:26 CEST 2010

hi,

what is the use of --enable-static and/or --enable-cross-compile. i tried
many things to make a static linked binary that can be run all Linux s (or
at least most of the new distributions).
how can i achieve this?
there is one binary that can run on all windows:
http://oss.netfarm.it/mplayer-win32.php

there is one binary that can run on most new Mac os x:
http://mplayerosx.sttz.ch/

what about Linux, the main OS target of mplayer. my requirement is a pure
audio player, will this help in reducing the dependencies so that it can run
everywhere. i will embed mplayer in my application.