[MPlayer-users] Wrong video framerate with bmovl solved

Kim Bak kim.bak at gamereactor.dk
Fri Jul 23 09:42:51 CEST 2010

On 2010-07-22 19:12, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 01:11:41PM +0200, Oliver Seitz wrote:
>> On 22.07.2010 12:48, Kim Bak wrote:
>>> Im trying to overlay a logo using the bmovl filter
>>>
>>> My command line is like this:
>>>
>>> mkfifo tfifo
>>> (echo "RGBA32 384 162 896 0 0 1"; cat logo.rgba)>tfifo&
>>> mplayer -vo x11 -vf bmovl=0:0:tfifo movie.mp4
>>>
>>> The filter seems to work perfectly well and show a nice logo over
>>> the movie.
>>> The thing is, the sound track seems run at normal speed, but the
>>> video track runs at as many fps as the system can handle, without
>>> the bmovl filter it plays at normal speed and perfectly in sync
>>> with the sound.
>>>
>> I'm using bmovl successfully, but without any frame rate, so I can
>> not confirm your problem. But for a start, I would suggest you try a
>> version of MPlayer that's not a year old.

I would love to compile and maintain a more recent version of mplayer,
but the amount of software I have to keep track of and lack of time
forces me to use the distribution packages wherever possible. This
version is precompiled and packed for debian/ubuntu.

> At least the "-fps not working" issue will indeed be fixed in
> a newer MPlayer (though you can just use -nocorrect-pts manually
> for older versions, has the same effect).

Ahh -nocorrect-pts did the trick, thank you, problem solved :)

//Kim