[MPlayer-users] Still no vorbis audio

Rolf Ernst rolf.ernst at silverlightning.org
Tue Jul 13 01:28:26 CEST 2010

On Sat, Jul 10, 2010 at 2:27 AM, Reimar Döffinger
<Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de>wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 09, 2010 at 09:14:18PM +0000, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> > Note that there is a difference, but don't worry, I don't think libvorbis
> is
> > supported. I could ask again now why you are not using ffmpeg, but since
> you
> > insist: Change the value in line 958 of libavcodec/vorbis_enc.c to
> something
> > completely different (I just tested 30 successfully) to use libavcodec's
> native
> > encoder
>
> Should now be settable with something like -lavcopts
> audio_o=global_quality=30
> Though the default value in ffmpeg should probably be set to something
> useful...
>
> Hi Reimar,

yes, this works. Does this value have any meaning besides 'turning the
vorbis support on'? I quickly tried some random values but it seemed the
quality was the same (granted, I just did a spot-check....
--
/re

This is America. Huge multinationals choose our political officials here.