[MPlayer-users] Still no vorbis audio

Rolf Ernst rolf.ernst at silverlightning.org
Fri Jul 9 22:47:30 CEST 2010

Having switched to libvorbis I still get silent vorbis audio encoding
(there is an ever so slight rumble after a few seconds). It does not
matter what the source material is. It does not seem to matter what the
output format is (used avi, ts, mkv, webm). Used various input sources
(all play fine using mplayer).

I am using a very straightforward command such as

mencoder "c:\a.ts" -o output.mkv -oac lavc -ovc lavc -lavcopts
vcodec=mpeg4:acodec=vorbis -of lavf'

This produces a valid file with vorbis and mpeg4 track but all audio is
silent. (The encoder issues the warning that libavformat muxing is
broken but not really knowing what that is supposed to mean I do not
know whether it is related).

I have tried various demuxers for various input formats, all with the
same result. It does not matter whether I use the built-in encoder or
libvorbis.

Can someone tell me whether he is able to encode with the current svn
using vorbis?

/re