[MPlayer-users] Vorbis

Rolf Ernst rolf.ernst at silverlightning.org
Fri Jul 9 04:01:12 CEST 2010

Hi,

I compiled the latest svn today to get webm working and it looks a lot
better than recently. I don't seem to hey vorbis audio to work atm, at
least not in webm container. So I tried to switch by

./configure --enable-static --disable-tremor --enable-libvorbis

which the script faithfully accepted. Previously I successfully compiled
libao, libogg and libvorbis without problems. However, it looks as if
the script simply ignores my specifications (or maybe the parameters are
bad as it is?).

The config.log gives no indication that it even attempts to locate
libvorbis, it simply goes to pick up the tremor version.

Is this intended? And if so - any idea why the vorbis audio is silent?
There is a vorbis stream encoded into the container - it just seems to
be mute. I have tried playing back with directshow, mplayer, vlc, etc. I
used all sorts of inputs to mencoder (multiplexed into transport stream)
such  as pcm, ac3 6 ch, ac3 2 ch, dts - things that mencoder usually
digests without problems. I do this all the time for x264 and aac/ac3
audio so I don't think there is anything wrong per se.

Any ideas, suggestions?

--
/re

This is America.
Huge multinationals choose our political officials here.