[MPlayer-users] opengl pipeline modification

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Thu Jul 1 09:44:16 CEST 2010

Bruce Mills <ecurbian <at> gmail.com> writes:

> > I thought there is an OpenGL extension doing this, or was I misinformed?
>
> I can write straight OpenGL for a stereo context, and view the result
> in 3D using shutter glasses and, yes, Nvidia Quadro. I wrote a quick
> test one at kick-off to make sure the 3D environment itself was
> working.

Perhaps that's worth posting (given that many people here can't test on Quadro.)

> > ( it would be nice if you could explain how it could be done.)
>
> If I know anything useful, I am happy to make comment. Is the above
> what you are asking for?

yes.

> That means setting the mode to sterero, and
> then setting up left and right buffers.

(Being very naive about "buffers":)
Doesn't that mean you provide a pointer and stride value?
So why do you need to "cut" the left/right stereo image in two? Or am I totally
misunderstanding something?

> Most of my previous OpenGL
> code was all about solid modeling -- meshes, lighting, baking,
> rendering etc, I have only recently been working with movies, where
> the speed of getting essentially 2D info out was the most important
> thing -- including the use of fragment programs.
>
> >> I need to create two frames for each one frame in the movie.
> > You do know that there are video filters in MPlayer that do exactly this
>
> If it is already done -- let me know. I don't have any desire to
> reinvent the horse.

MPlayer's documentation, http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/man/en/mplayer.1.txt (why
is HTML down?) will tell you about filters that double the framerate, like
yadif=1 and tfields=1, you will find their sources in libmpcodecs/vf_...

> But, I would still need to set the mode to stereo,
> which means I am still looking for the spot in mplayer where the
> OpenGL stuff starts.

libvo/gl_common* and libvo/vo_gl.*

Carl Eugen