[MPlayer-users] -user-agent being ignored? (Apple keynote)

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Sun Jan 31 13:52:50 CET 2010

Stroller <stroller <at> stellar.eclipse.co.uk> writes:

> > Please note that it is not possible to "download" rtsp streams, you
> > have to
> > remux them (which may or may not work with mencoder or ffmpeg)
                                               ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> May thanks for your reply, Carl. Is there any chance I  could trouble
> you for some further hints, please?
>
> When I google "remux rtsp mplayer" this page
                            ^^^^^^^
> <http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/menc-feat-quicktime-7.html
>  > is a top hit, with the illustrative commands:
>
> mplayer narnia.avi -dumpaudio -dumpfile narnia.aac
> mplayer narnia.avi -dumpvideo -dumpfile narnia.h264
  ^^^^^^^

To repeat myself: You can only use mplayer to "play" rtsp streams, downloading
and remuxing will not work. (Allow me to add that the result of the remux might
not make you happy: Both mencoder and ffmpeg will probably loose packets and
some frames will be damaged.)

The reason it would not work for you as-is, is your broken (?, it might not be
broken, but it is the reason it doesn't work) network configuration, you need
-rtsp-stream-over-tcp. Note that ffmpeg does not currently support
rtsp-over-tcp, afaik.

Carl Eugen