[MPlayer-users] newbie parsing -identify

... offonoffoffonoff at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 19:51:32 CET 2010

> But if you use python, why would you do it in shell?

!!!

Because I was using windows only a month ago, and am switching to linux.
Doing this project at command line was working alright, and then of course
scripting started to have some applications...  But I did not know about the
amazing python/shell connection.

horray!

All I've learned is the subprocess("cmd") deal, but thats pretty cool.
That's enough for me to use python already.  Is there a better way to parse
-identify than to use  one of the suggested commands in a python subprocess
call?

thanks,

elliot