[MPlayer-users] .mkv files after using mkvpropedit not able to play...

Andreas Allacher ghost_zero5 at gmx.at
Sun Jan 17 21:20:22 CET 2010

Hi,

I found out that in most cases if I use mkvpropedit those files won't play with mplayer anymore. It says no track information found.
At least by using the default demuxer.
HOWEVER, if I use "-demuxer lavf" it works. However, it only says stereo audio that way instead of 5.1 audio.

Regarding the mkvpropedit author it is probably because after editing those files the track information are stored at the end of the file instead of the beginning which is allowed according to mkv specifications.

I have tested this with MPlayer SVN-r30322 under Windows and SVN-r30203 under Ubuntu 64Bit.