[MPlayer-users] [feature request] Motion Interpolation, MVTools-like algorithm

Greg Trounson gregt at maths.otago.ac.nz
Sat Jan 16 10:58:59 CET 2010

>> Except for the odd highly complex parallax case, my 100Hz television
>> disagrees with you.
>
> You aren't looking closely enough, and you probably can't at 100fps, which
> of course gets us back to the "this is pointless".

The point is that whether or not I'm looking closely enough for artifacts,
25fps motion interpolated in real time to 50fps (100 fields per second)
looks much smoother and (IMO) therefore better than when not interpolated.
 I fully admit this is not as good as having source material shot at
48/50/60fps, which is ultimately what I'd like to see, and think must
inevitably happen.

> Here's a good example of what works well
>
> http://vimeo.com/8574526

That is one impressive explosion!

Greg