[MPlayer-users] Recording from PulseAudio

Sam Spilsbury smspillaz at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 10:53:12 CET 2010

Hey everyone,

So this is a continuation about recording from a raw audio device and
dumping it to a file with mencoder and playing it with mplayer.

So far I have tried using:

mplayer tv:// alsa:adevice=$ALSA_DEVICE_NAME

However due to some silly driver bugs, this yields only a green screen
with my TV output. Without this information, it will record fine.

Is it possible to record the PulseAudio device in this case? I am able
to use parec alsa_device.$ALSA_DEVICE_NAME in parallel to
MPlayer/MEncoder but this gives some nasty A/V sync issues.

On another note, is there a way to increase the buffer size used for
recording. I am getting some fairly bad skipping when recording the
audio :<

Kind Regards,

Sam

--