[MPlayer-users] Seeking in MPEG2/MPEG4 streams

Barnabas Hajas hajbazer at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 00:34:49 CET 2010

My computer is a 800MHz Celeron and yes I did test it and the
performance loss is noticeable. Monitor's refresh rate is not my
limiting factor at all. It runs at 60Hz and if I play a double (or
triple) speed video it looks a lot smoother when seeking forward.
MPlayer was always very famous of being efficient on hardwares very
different from each other. This is the number one property I really
like it for. I don't use FFMpeg, but libmpeg2, never used FFMpeg for
MPEG-2 decoding because it's slow as hell for this purpose including
seeking as well. So I was talking about libmpeg2 producing "incorrect
frames like that".