[MPlayer-users] mplayer plays video slowly - help needed

Gerhard Röthlin cbreak at the-color-black.net
Mon Jan 4 16:42:16 CET 2010

On 04.01.2010, at 08:56, Palanivel wrote:

> Sorry. Missed the codecs.conf file.
> I added the codec.conf file. Now  video is playing, but still it is slow.

Maybe your CPU is just too slow to play the movie. You can encode it in some easier to decode format, maybe even a h.264 with x264 -tune fastdecode, or an mpeg4 asp. There are also someoptions for ffmpeg's decoder, read the mplayer man page about -lavdopts

Did you try adding -v to the command line? More verbose output might help you identify the problem.

> Regards,
> Palanivel

cbreak