[MPlayer-users] question about codec support on windows

Mehmet Kaplan mehmetkpln at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 09:07:02 CET 2010

hi all,
i'm trying to use mplayer for developing a video player application.
i know mplayer has a growing codec support. but after i created my
application i don't want to give a new version of mplayer.exe for new
codec support. in this situation my application should play media
files after installing codec into the system (like a codec pack). for
example in players using directshow you can open a new video file (you
can't open before) after installing codec of it.
my question is that, does mplayer have an ability like that on windows
operating systems?
on mplayer official page there is an information
(http://www.mplayerhq.hu/design7/dload.html):
"On Windows MPlayer will try to use the codecs installed on your
system. Our packages can save you the hassle of installing every known
codec and using untested codec versions."
I couldn't try this situation because mplayer opened every video file I have :)

thanks...