[MPlayer-users] [wxPython-users] Re: how to embed a mplayer vidio play window into wxpython - Thanks for the fix!

Timothy W. Grove tim_grove at sil.org
Thu Feb 25 11:12:58 CET 2010

Reimar Döffinger wrote:

>>> If I remove "-fixed-vo" from my list of arguments, then I end up
>>> with black screen when my video finishes instead of the final frame
>>> showing.
>>>
>> The final frame showing is neither an intended nor a supported feature I fear.
>> Hm. Maybe it could be made one though.
>>

> Seems like actually the code already tried to make this work, it just forgot to
> tell the VO that playback has ended (while playback is ongoing, some vos will
> specifically avoid redrawing even if they know that part of their window has
> damaged contents - it would only cost performance and the next frame will arrive
> "real soon").
> Fixed now.

Thanks for your fix. I've been away so haven't been able to try this out
until now, but it is working very well for me. Initially it didn't,
however, until I removed '-nofontconfig' from my argument list. I saw
the following error:

MPlayer was compiled without fontconfig support.
MPlayer Sherpya-SVN-r30725-4.2.5 (C) 2000-2010 MPlayer Team

This isn't an issue for me as I don't wish to use fontconfig, but I
thought that I would just mention it. Thanks again for your help.

Best regards,
Tim Grove