[MPlayer-users] Cannot hear audio, running mplayer using VNC Viewer running on Win Xp

RC cooleyr at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 05:42:16 CET 2010

Please don't top-post in the future, and preserve mail threading if at
all possible.  If you open the individual attached e-mails from the
digest, you can reply like a real e-mail.  Or you can reply via the
Gmane mailing list archive interface if your mailer isn't up to the
task...

On Tue, 23 Feb 2010 17:56:41 +0800
<tarunb at solomon-systech.com> wrote:

> I tried esd also for audio redirection but it also did not help.
>
> Using VNC viewer, I ran mplayer on remote linux machine, ->
> ./mplayer -vo sdl -ao esd:192.168.22.37
> /reference/IPs/media/testvectors/video/flv/4982106456.flv
>
> In cygwin, I ran esd daemon ->    esd.exe -tcp -public

> But still, I cannot hear the audio.

This isn't the list for problems with VNC or esound, but since it's
quick and dirty...  Use -beeps to make sure esd and your sound setup
is working, and the use of  -promiscuous is commonly required with
Windows.  If it doesn't work... it's certainly not MPlayer's fault...
Make sure you can get other apps working with ESD.

--
Ha. I'm the idiot.