[MPlayer-users] How To: best way to rescale

Ken Bass daytooner at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 19:13:04 CET 2010

After all of what has been said here, it seems that the only real solution
is to recode the videos. If I can get decent quality, at better than
realtime, as Reimer suggested, that would be satisfactory for now. As for
the file size, I typically use a 4GB USB flash stick, but I have an old
Creative Zen player that can become a good 16GB USB drive.

Thanks for all the great info, though. I am an old school computer engineer
(anyone remember RSX, CPM, VMS?). All of these different formats (codecs,
containers, etc)  get to be a bit overwhelming, especially when new ones are
constantly being created (what was it I said about scientists who find a
necessity? :-) ).

Thanks again,

ken